Program: School Year
Transportation is provided for Woburn children, grades K – 5, from all elementary schools in Woburn. During vacations, children from all communities are welcome. We are licensed to have 52 children each day.
We allow time to unwind, make friends, acquire new skills, work on homework (with assistance if needed), develop trusting relationships with caring adults and last but not least, have fun. We emphasize values of cooperation, sharing, respect and responsibility. We offer a variety of activities including sports, games such as bingo and charades, crafts, supervised play in the woods and computer games. Quiet reading and a nut free snack are a part of every day.
- From 1:00 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. on all days Woburn schools are in session.
- Full afternoon care on early release days, at no additional cost.
- All day care (8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.) during February and April school vacation weeks. Please see our School Vacations page.
- At the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, 60 Forest Park Rd.
(corner of Alfred St.) in North Woburn.
- A ten-acre site with woods to explore, a basketball hoop and a fenced outdoor play area.
- A handicap accessible building with pleasant classrooms, a kitchen and a large indoor space for games during inclement weather.
Registration: School Year 2021-2022
ASC registration is now more convenient!
You may download the required forms from this page. You may also submit tuition payment here. Initial registration and payments must be done in person, but subsequent monthly payments can be made online from work or home. Online form submission will be available in the future.
1. If you would like to submit your tuition payment online, see Tuition section below.
2. To submit a payment, enter respective payment amount for the number of days your child will be attending each week in the payment box below.
New Child Registration:
New registrations must be done in person to ensure availability and correct gathering of information. You can visit the office any weekday from 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. or call for a more convenient time.
To sign up for the current school year, the following forms must be filled out and submitted:
- School Year Registration
- Child’s Information
- First Aid and Emergency Medical Care Authorization and Consent
- My Child and Homework
- After School Club Rules
- Parent Handbook Acknowledgement
To download these forms, please click here.
*Please note, if your child has asthma or allergies, the appropriate IHCP and medication consent form must be filled out.
School year registration fee:
$35 for one child, $50 for a family
Bills are distributed in advance monthly. Payment is due on the first day of every month. A $15 late fee will be applied if not paid by the last day of the current month. If you choose to keep your child out of the program for any reason, payment is due. A two week notice must be given when taking your child out of the program. You will be billed for that period.
Late Pick-up Fee
The ASC classrooms and office close promptly at 5:45 p.m.. Please arrive before this time. If you have paperwork (tuition renewal/registration, etc.), please allow time for this before 5:45 p.m.. If you can not avoid being late, please call as soon as possible to let us know. The fee for pick-up after 5:45 p.m. is $1 per minute.
There will be a $5 finder’s fee charged to your next bill for failure to notify the After School Club of your child’s absence. Please call us by 1:00 p.m. on any regular school day (by 9:30 a.m. on early release days and by 8:30 a.m. on full day programs) if your child will not be attending for any reason. No credit shall be given for any absences, including illness, for any day(s) your child is registered.
Parents are advised to carry adequate health insurance for their child. It is understood that the ASC is not liable for medical expenses incurred by children due to accident or illness.
A Typical Day
- 2:50 – 3:15 – Welcome to the After School Club
- 3:15 – 3:30 – Snack
- 3:30 – 4:15 – Homework/Free Play
- 4:15 – 5:00 – Activity Time
- 5:00 – 5:15 – Reading Time
- 5:15 – 5:45 – Free Play